With the new version of FIFA 23 comes a variety of new pass variations along with return maneuvers from FIFA 22 – things run much more smoothly in FIFA 23 including moves like the ‘outside pass’.
We’ll discover all the new maneuvers, types of passes and how to implement them in FIFA 23’s Ultimate Passing Guide.
Passing is very easy to perform in FIFA 23 which is quite evident even for new players who have only spent a few minutes diving into the game.
Simply press the Scroll button (X or SQUARE, A or TRIANGLE) and point to the same scrolling direction with the corresponding direction sticks.
This is the basic foundation of passing in FIFA 23.
However, if you need to implement more complex pass-throughs, you will need to understand some other approaches.
It is also important to understand that the corresponding force and speed of the pass itself is determined by how long (duration) you hold the pass button. If you hold the button for a longer period of time, you will focus more on the force of the pass towards the ball.
The faster you hit the pass button, the shorter the time it will take the player inside the game to pass the ball.
Moves like the pass require 1-2 very quick taps of the pass button.
To break down the moves available in FIFA 23 further, we have the following, which you can do in the game by following the corresponding button combinations:
- Ground Pass (X on PS5, A on XBOX)
- Lob Pass or “Cross” (SQUARE on PS5, X on XBOX)
- By scrolling (TRIANGLE on PS5, Y on XBOX)
- Threaded pass (R1 + TRIANGLE on PS5, RB + Y on XBOX)
- Driven Cross Lobbed Passes (L1 + R1 + TRIANGLE on PS5 and LB + RB + Y on XBOX)
- Paid lob pass/”Cross” driven (R1 + SQUARE on PS5, or RB + X on XBOX)
- Paid ground pass (R1 + X on PS5, RB + A on XBOX)
- High ground arcade (X+X on PS5, A+A on XBOX)
- Lofted Through Pass (TRIANGLE + TRIANGLE on PS5, Y + Y on XBOX)
- Lobbed Through Pass (L1 + TRIANGLE on PS5 and LB + Y on XBOX)
- High Lob (L1 + SQUARE on PS5 and LB + X on XBOX)
- Flair Pass (L2 + X on PS5 and LT + A on XBOX)
- Flair Lob (L2 + SQUARE on PS5, LT + X on XBOX)
- Dummy Pass (L + R1; press and hold without direction on PS5, L + RB; press and hold without direction on XBOX)
- Dummy card (SQUARE + X and DIRECTION PAD on PS5, X + A and DIRECTION on XBOX)